Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Power to Choose


“I could be anywhere or be doing anything.” These words are a line in a song that my choir used to sing. I woke up with it this morning. I hadn’t sung it in at least a decade, so for it to come up now demanded investigation. 

The song is an interpretation of the idiom, “There, but for the grace of God, go I.” For most of us and in most instances, the operative word here is grace. Now, I may be coming at this from outer space, but as I traversed the song’s verses, it led me in the other direction…away from the mysterious gift of grace to the power of choice

“I could be anywhere or be doing anything.”

I can exercise my free will. 

I can choose; be choose-y. 

To elect is to exercise the power of choice. 

So, to The Elect Ladies -- the choice, chosen women who choose to be choose-y, all I want to say today is…

Go ‘head!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment