Monday, January 26, 2015

Pajama Day

I’ve declared a Pajama Day. I searched my soul and every room of my house to find a reason NOT to, but to no avail. Not that there isn't plenty to do around here or no work deadlines. Just that they don’t trump PJ Day. Not today.

It’s Monday, the arch-enemy of Pajama Day. And we all know that most of the time Monday wins big time. Routine, guilt, obligation, shame, paycheck are part of the Monday Gang and well, six against one, who can win that battle? But every now and then…every once and again…even without the help of an impending storm or a sniffle, PJ Day finds its super-power and bamm! They lose.

We used to call it taking a mental health day, but frankly, I'm mentally quite healthy. I don't need a day to get my head together because somebody or something got to me. I'm good. All I need is to cozy up to a traditional work day, freshly showered and in my new PJs, and do NO work, guilt free. I mean NO work. Not housework. Not homework. Not heart-work. Not catch up work. Not work-work. None. 

That, my friend, is a Pajama Day.

Happy,
Karen 


No comments:

Post a Comment